Question Re Forum Search

Submit / Make your "FORUM SPECIFIC" posts here.
*** NOT A FREESCO SUPPORT SECTION ***

Postby John S » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:29 am

I have ocasionly tried and re-find a post I had read recently, so have been trying to use the search feature..

Find all post in last 7 or 30 days..

Seams you have to use a search key.. Unfortunatly that limits the results returned.. ( I know that is what searching is all about..)

Q. Is there some "wild card" charactor that can be put in the key field.. I have tried the usual "***" and " ???" etc but all return "Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display"

Rgds ...John S
Rgds ...John S
John S

Postby strampke » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:28 am

Hi,

Maybe you rememebr a name of someone who posted. In that way you might retrieve something.
And when you combine it with one key word I guess you will have a hit.
Btw don't restrict to 30 days.

Strampke
Who knows knows, who doesn't doesn't.
strampke
Junior Advanced Member

Postby John S » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:48 pm

Hi Strampke

Thanks but that is really my point.. I don’t want to limit the search (at all) to a particular poster or topic..

Usually happens like this .. I logon (at work.. Perhaps I should not..! :huh: ) and hit the "view new post" and get a list of however many ... read one or two.. and then get called away.. When I came back and login again ... there are no new posts as, according to the forum, I have viewed them..

So I need a generic search "key" that will list all post for lets say the last 7 days.. If they are displayed in "posted date order" it is then easy to scan down and say .. ok seen from there down..

I am surprised nobody has brought this up before..

Rgds ...John S
Rgds ...John S
John S

Postby Slowpoke » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:03 pm

John,

On the line below "Search" at the top of the page, on the right side, is a link to "My Assistant". This will pop up a window that you can click on "Today's active topics" to see a search of all the posts for today.

Outside of saying not to log in when you may be called away, that's the best I can think of to help you... <_< :happy:

-Slowpoke
Slowpoke
Advanced Member

Postby strampke » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:43 am

Hi,

This ids how my browser starts: <a href='http://www.freesco.org/support-forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=getactive' target='_blank'>http://www.freesco.org/support-forum/index...&CODE=getactive</a>

Then changeing "Show me active topics posted" brings up what you want.

Strampke
Who knows knows, who doesn't doesn't.
strampke
Junior Advanced Member

Return to FORUM SPECIFIC Questions or Comments