Email Ban Now Enforced

Submit / Make your "FORUM SPECIFIC" posts here.

Postby Howler » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:53 pm

Hello all,

Well we were doing half way decent there for a while, real reduction in spam.

Well that time has passed it seems, as most of you regulars have noticed.

With this starting to be an issue again, I have restarted the BAN list.
I would suggest that any new user that would like to sign up for a lagit account, use your ISP email address, otherwise it may not make it through.

I have BANNED almost all of the online webmail services, not all but most. This will not stop all the spammers, but it will prvent a larger number, I hope.

I, in the mean time, will be looking into the other spammer control option that was discussed a while back, and will work on implimenting that process, so that hopefully the domain name bans can be removed, if it works.

ALSO in the mean time, I have changed the registration process from JUST email verification (what I would like) to Admin processing (manual allowing each and every one, which I do not like) but see as a necessity at this time, till I can get the spam under control again.

IF any one has a problem with registration, please contact me via email FORUM-SUPPORT AT@AT FREESCO.INFO and I will look into it.

The first, the original and still the main FREESCOsoft site
The best place for FREESCO packages and related files.
Created and maintained by me (Howler), and mirrored by many (well, ok mirrored by some).
Advanced Member

Return to FORUM SPECIFIC Questions or Comments