Access to the archived section

Submit / Make your "FORUM SPECIFIC" posts here.
*** NOT A FREESCO SUPPORT SECTION ***

Access to the archived section

Postby bgene » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Cannot get access to the any one of Archived Forum Sections, the link is displayed as a regular text.
Is this any setting problems of my browser? :o
bgene

Re: Access to the archived section

Postby Howler » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:19 am

Archive has been removed

Howler
The first, the original and still the main FREESCOsoft site http://www.freescosoft.com/
The best place for FREESCO packages and related files.
Created and maintained by me (Howler), and mirrored by many (well, ok mirrored by some).
Howler
Advanced Member

Postby Peppe/Sweden » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:12 pm

May I ask why ?
I would seems that we a have a ton of useful posts in the past .

Regards , Peter
[COLOR=blue] You mean that I don?t fly airplanes , I don?t have a grilfriend and don?t have a dog ? Buuh , I grow up to be a real loser! (The Kid , walt disney) [COLOR=blue]
Peppe/Sweden
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Howler » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:19 pm

There may be / have been , a lot of useful information in the 'archived forum" but keeping them could have, at some time, cost us this forum, as the space is needed for the storage and database and such, for the active forum here. I guess the over-all thought was keep the "active forum" and loose (backup and remove) the 'archive forum'.

Also, leaving a 'non-updated' forum could be a security risk, as I did not make sure the 'non used forum' was continually updated, as I do the active one here.

Howler

As another note ... The current series is 04x, the archive forum only went to series 03x. The majority of the "active users" are suggested to upgrade to the current version ( when/if possible ). If the users of the out-dated (obsolete or no longer maintained) versions would upgrade to the current series (0.4.x) The majority of the old posts would not be needed.
Which is also the reason that not all of the FREESCOsoft sites contain all the packages (027 03x 04x).
The first, the original and still the main FREESCOsoft site http://www.freescosoft.com/
The best place for FREESCO packages and related files.
Created and maintained by me (Howler), and mirrored by many (well, ok mirrored by some).
Howler
Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:56 am

On a side note to this thread if there is any information wanted from the old forum it is a simple enough task just to ask the question again as I have read every post since 1998 and most likely a percentage of those old posts now have a better solution than what was come up with before.

As for the decision to no longer provide the data. You should know that it was not anyone's singular decision and I think moving forward providing new answers even to old questions is better than keeping inaccurate data around.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Peppe/Sweden » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:07 am

Agreed and understood .
Thanks for the replies .

Regards , Peter
[COLOR=blue] You mean that I don?t fly airplanes , I don?t have a grilfriend and don?t have a dog ? Buuh , I grow up to be a real loser! (The Kid , walt disney) [COLOR=blue]
Peppe/Sweden
Junior Advanced Member

Return to FORUM SPECIFIC Questions or Comments