Simple random username and password generator

Announcements of packages that are now released.

Postby JohnnyMac » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:08 pm

Hi All,

As I have been playing with Poptop and decided that I need to use complex usernames and passwords, I decided to make a little random generator.

To keep it simple, I built it in MS Excel using formulas only, and then made a version in Openoffice Calc.

When the spreadsheet is opened, the last saved password is displayed, but by re-calculating or making a change to a cell's contents the username and password are regenerated.

You will need the analysis toolpack for MS office installed or the analysis add-in for Calc to get the random function to work.

After seeing how few people looked at this posting, I can host it from home.

It is available at <a href='http://www.outmac.no-ip.org:3180/user-and-passwd-generator.zip' target='_blank'>My Homepage</a>

Cheers all

John
JohnnyMac

Postby Howler » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:52 am

JohnnyMac wrote: Note for Howler - do you want to add this to the collection?

It is not whether "I" want it added, but more do "you" want it added.

I would say create an account on the upload site (if you have not already), but I have disabled 'sign-up' acccess, due to non-authors making accounts and doingwhat I had not wanted done, an open site to just any one. That will be dealt with soon.

No replies here about this post I made, if needed contact me via PM

Howler
The first, the original and still the main FREESCOsoft site http://www.freescosoft.com/
The best place for FREESCO packages and related files.
Created and maintained by me (Howler), and mirrored by many (well, ok mirrored by some).
Howler
Advanced Member

Return to 3rd Party Package Release Announcements