Packager 2.6

Announcements of packages that are now released.

Postby Lightning » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:55 pm

Packager version 2.6, some code improvements to make some scripts easier to understand along with some code fixes so that all of the correct code goes into the example scripts. There is now also a code change in the new rc_? scripts for testing if a program is running or not. The new code is basically a duplicate of the code used in 0.3.3. This means that the check is done a LOT faster and the problem with errors like "sed can't open ??" do not happen.

This is an upgrade that all 03x packagers should make. Go to FREESCOsoft and choose a mirror to download it from packager-2.5b-lightning.tgz
<a href='http://www.freescosoft.com' target='_blank'>http://www.FREESCOsoft.com</a>
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Lightning » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:03 am

Some minor code changes have been made to the automated uninstall section of the packager to improve it's accuracy. So the version has been updated to 2.6a and the above link has been changed.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Thasaidon » Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:19 am

Cool, thanx ;)
Experience shared, is experience gained.

Thasaidon's Freesco Page

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:58 pm

There is another update to the packager script. A bug that I had already fixed was pointed out by Dingetje to the fact that the actual packager script included in the package was not the repaired version. So I have updated the packager with the correct script to 2.6b so that the corrected coding is included. The above download link has been updated.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Gnork » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:13 am

I'll just wait until the 'c' version comes out :sly:
- In need of a <a href='http://forums.freesco.org/support/index.php?showtopic=13490' target='_blank'>patched FREESCO kernel</a> ? - <br><b>= Anything that can happen, will happen =</b>
Gnork

Postby tom » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:55 pm

I'll just wait until the 'c' version comes out

Do you know something that the rest of us don't know? Or are you just giving Lightning a hard time :)

I'm just asking because I'm in the process of "fine-tuning" alot of my packages.

Tom
tom
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:44 am

Or are you just giving Lightning a hard time

Hehe I can't imagine anyone just giving me a hard time. But for the record I currently have no plans on changing the packager at the moment and most likely at some point when I do it will be a feature improvement rather than bug fixes which I define as letters and currently I can't think of another feature that is needed or wanted. except for maybe making it do everything and all you have to do is enter the name you want to call it.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Gnork » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:50 pm

Lightning wrote:
Or are you just giving Lightning a hard time

Hehe I can't imagine anyone just giving me a hard time. But for the record I currently have no plans on changing the packager at the moment and most likely at some point when I do it will be a feature improvement rather than bug fixes which I define as letters and currently I can't think of another feature that is needed or wanted. except for maybe making it do everything and all you have to do is enter the name you want to call it.

Yes, rofl, that would be a nice packager. Let it boot a zipslack machine, download the desired source, tweak where ever needed then compile and pack it all automatically. Another nice feature would be that it uploads the package to freescosoft and fill in all the forms by itself cause the program can autobuild a readme file from the contents retrieved from the applications original homepage. Maybe the package should update itself once in a while and all its packages that it made. :baaa:

Ok - enough fun for now, let's use this nice packager to create a NFS package and update the TFTPD package B) Thanx for this great tool!
- In need of a <a href='http://forums.freesco.org/support/index.php?showtopic=13490' target='_blank'>patched FREESCO kernel</a> ? - <br><b>= Anything that can happen, will happen =</b>
Gnork

Return to 3rd Party Package Release Announcements