shaper traffic shaping

Announcements of packages that are now released.

Postby Lightning » Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:47 pm

The shaper.o module has been included in the FREESCO modules file since it was first released. But the binary to load and control it has not. This package will load the shaper.o module automatically and then setup the traffic shaping rules as you have configured them. This shaper is NOT hardware dependant and should install and run on any of the 03x series. This shaper is not as flexible as the rshaper package, but a lot easier to make run also.
There are multiple warnings about bringing interfaces down before you stop the shaper module and that is why this package should be considered beta.

You can install this package with
Code: Select all
 pkg -i http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/packages/0.3.x/shaper-2.2.12-lightning

As this package is only 30k uncompressed it is possible to install it on a floppy if you have this much free space on your floppy.

This package may at some point be included in FREESCO so if anyone has some input on how it is working or a better way to configure it, your input is welcome.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby testeronline » Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:53 am

I want to thank you for your work and time spend into doing FREESCO even better...
I was looking/google-ing by long time for a solution to shape traffic of my FREESCO and only my lack of knowledge stop me to try r/t-shaper or other one...this is the bump I need I think...couse I still have to "setup the traffic shaping rules" and I don`t know even how to start this action....:-(}
FREESCO stay on a just a few pylons and You are one of them!
testeronline

Return to 3rd Party Package Release Announcements