knock 0.5

Announcements of packages that are now released.

Postby Lightning » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:39 pm

Knock is a port knocking server. This server allows you to leave things like your SSH server firewall rules in place so that no outside connections can be made. Then when a specific sequence of ports are knock'ed with one of the knock clients a special firewall rule is inserted that allows only your IP address to connect to that port. There is also a second knock sequence that closes the port once you have finshed. The port sequence can be up to 32 seperate ports in either TCP or UDP along with being any type of packet that you choose. The FREESCO knock client is also included in this package and there is a Windows knock client available from <a href='http://www.zeroflux.org/knock/' target='_blank'>http://www.zeroflux.org/knock/</a>

This is an update to the previous knock 0.4 package. The problems with VIPC kernels and the knockd binary have been resolved along with a number of enhancements to the program from version 0.4

This package can be installed with
Code: Select all
pkg -i http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/packages/0.3.x/knock-0.5d-lightning

Thanks to justdave for resolving the source code problems that prevented this version from compiling and providing the patch.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Lightning » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:19 pm

After some testing the above package has been updated as well as the link for install. Nothing major has changed other than the way the daemon is started in the rc_knock script.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Lightning » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:26 pm

There has been an update to the knockd binary so that an error message at startup is no longer displayed as well as the flags used when starting the daemon. The install link has been changed above.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Lightning » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:04 pm

I have included in the rc_knock script the ability to remove all firewall rules that might be added when the package is stopped. I changed the file permissions on rc_knock as well as the knockd.conf so that only root can use or read them.

The updated package can be installed with the above link.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Re: knock 0.5

Postby bob selby » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:58 am

Does this work for 04x ??
TIA
Bob
bob selby
Advanced Member

Re: knock 0.5

Postby bob selby » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:40 pm

DUH - I found it - I also found my previous post ;-)
bob selby
Advanced Member

Return to 3rd Party Package Release Announcements