Exim Admin Plus 0.9.1 Released!

Announcements of packages that are now released.

Postby djricky » Fri May 08, 2009 8:58 am

This is my first try for a package!!!
It's harmless because they are only a few CGI scripts for the webadmin.

Please try it and let me know...

Lightning or Dinjegte, feel free to copy the package to your mirrors sites, and thanks you for all your support!!!

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>version changed to 0.9.2</span>
package will be listed and can be installed if you type:
pkg -cf -/

If not, you can download from:
<a href='http://200.80.231.234/packages/exim_admin_plus-0.9.2-djricky.pkg' target='_blank'>http://200.80.231.234/packages/exim_admin_...9.2-djricky.pkg</a>

English: Exim_Admin+ Improve the web administration of the Exim server.
Include:
+ Advanced Queue display information
+ Debug for sending mails of the queue in normal and force mode
+ Freeze/Unfreeze command for mails in queue
+ Basic address/domain testing

Spanish: Exim_Admin+ mejora la administracion web del servidor Exim
Incluye:
+ Informacion avanzada de la cola de mails
+ Depuracion de los mails salientes en modo normal o forzado
+ Congelar/Descongelar mails de la cola
+ Testeo basico de direcciones de mails/dominios

Screen capture:
djricky

Postby Lightning » Sun May 10, 2009 9:58 am

I only see one serious problem with the package and that is the fact that there is no uninstall section for the package. During the creation process the packager asks if you want to create an uninstall and you must answer "n" which stands for "N"ew or if you just hit enter it uses the default of "S"kip. If the auto generate portion of the script does not work for this package because of it's nature then you must manually enter what is needed in the install script to remove the package.

However I have not installed it and my evaluation is strictly from looking at the package.

I am also curious why you did not create a /addons/Exim_admin+/spanish directory with all of the same files as the english directory only named in there Spanish word names and content. Of course I am just curious on this question ?
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Lightning » Sun May 10, 2009 4:47 pm

I have now installed the package and done some testing of it. Besides the uninstall section missing there is an error in the test_address.cgi script where you are calling the script with the ?mail function. You happened to mis name the link using Test-Address instead of Test_Address, which results in a error from the server.

I have corrected both minor issues and repackaged it on my site. Which will be included in the global package list as soon as anyone updates there system using the update package command from within the setup or by using the command line function

pkg -cf -/

At that point the new Exim_Admin+ package will be shown and it can be installed.

I have to say that this package is a very nice addon to anyone running the exim mail server and it is nice to see someone making 04x packages.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby djricky » Mon May 11, 2009 8:20 am

Lewis, Thank you very much!!!

I release a new version with some fixes and spanish CGI scripts.

For Spanish translation, I have my freesco box in english.

Honestly, I hate spanish translations. Specially what Microsoft does, they change the name of the same function on every new product release, and you can't find nothing. I prefer to work in english, even with my poor acknowledge of the english language.
In spanish, he have some words that means the same, and it's very different if you live in Spain, Argentina or Mexico, for example.
But I try it on this release...

version changed to 0.9.2

Please verify if everything is ok, and update the package in the mirrors.

I hope this few scripts can be included in a new full Exim package release...
djricky

Postby Lightning » Tue May 12, 2009 3:25 am

I hope this few scripts can be included in a new full Exim package release...
They could be included easy enough in an updated exim package. However they work just fine as a seperate package and they give credit where it is due.
As for the new version, there was still the "uninstall)" section missing from the install script and you added the Spanish language scripts as well as the spanish listing. But the main Spanish install unofficial warning was missing, which caused an error during packaging and it would also cause an error if someone was running the Spanish language pack. I have corrected these errors and uploaded the updated package to my site. It can also be installed in the same manor by just updating your package list.
<a href='http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/packages/0.4.x/' target='_blank'>http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/packages/0.4.x/</a>
I also renamed the package to exim_admin_plus-0.9.2-djricky.pkg to comply with the lowe case letter naming previously requested by Howler. This ONLY aplies to the external package name and capitals are allowed in all other aspects of packages.

P.S. if you want this package mirrored through the FREESCOsoft network then you will need to contact Howler through a PM and list your own site or mine as a main upload site for your packages.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby djricky » Tue May 12, 2009 8:23 am

I just understand about the uninstall section. Sorry, my mistake.
I had the bad idea thinking the uninstall procedure is automatic, but now I understand it.

About mirroring the package, I must to point your site as main upload site, because I haven't my own site.

Thanks a lot!!!
djricky

Postby Lightning » Wed May 13, 2009 3:32 am

I must to point your site as main upload site, because I haven't my own site.
That is not a problem for me. If you need to update or make changes just let me know and I will make any changes you request.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to 3rd Party Package Release Announcements