Ncidd for 0.4.x

Announcements of packages that are now released.

Ncidd for 0.4.x

Postby Lightning » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Ncidd is a Network Caller Id Daemon. This package requires a modem installed an FREESCO and connected to your standard phone line. The daemon records all caller ID signals and stores the information in a file. You then install the Ncid client on as many internal machines as you want and any time a call comes it the client pops up a window displaying the caller ID information. The advantage to this over other caller ID devices is that the caller records are kept as long as you want. There are multiple clients available for lots of different OS's including Windows, Linux, Mac and even Tivo. The download link to the various clients is included in the control panel addons once the package is installed.
To install this package use
Code: Select all
pkg -i -/ncid-0.79-lightning.pkg
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Re: Ncidd for 0.4.x

Postby bob selby » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:43 am

Installed fine :-)

And I loved the idea of the link to the client on the control panel :-)

But using the restart/stop/status links caused "Status.cgi: /pkg/rc/rc_ncid: No such file or directory" to be displayed - shouldnt it be "rc_ncidd" ??

"rc_ncidd restart" from the command line works fine - you need to do that after modifying the alias file.

Best Regards,
Bob
bob selby
Advanced Member

Re: Ncidd for 0.4.x

Postby Lightning » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:29 pm

Thanks, the correction is made and uploaded to my site and it should be mirrored within a week.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to 3rd Party Package Release Announcements