0.3.5 - DYNDNS service

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x

0.3.5 - DYNDNS service

Postby ziabice » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:06 pm

Hi,
after several year of ordinary work, I decided to reactivate the dyndns client for the website on my 0.3.5 freesco box!
Of course, the old account is expired...I opened a new account, I changed the account data into the dyndns.cfg (option #49 of freesco box setup menu), I rebooted the freesco box.....but after 2 days nothing happen :(

What I forgot to set correctly? :roll:

Thanks in advance.
Luca
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Times'> «<i>Quelli che s'innamorano di pratica senza scienza son come il nocchiere, che entra in naviglio senza timone o bussola, che mai ha certezza dove si vada</i>.»</span></span>
ziabice

Re: 0.3.5 - DYNDNS service

Postby Lightning » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:07 pm

Unfortunately I don't have enough information to resolve this problem and to give me enough information would not really be a very good idea as well. The only things that I can say for certain is that you should make sure that the dyndns client is really activated in the setup. However that may not be quite enough because there have been a LOT of changes at dyndns and all of the dyndns clients as well and there have been updates in almost every version of FREESCO since it's conception to keep the client up to date. As for the status of the dyndns client in 0.3.5 with the current, I am completely unsure. So even with everything configured correctly it still may not work ???? but I really don't know at this point. I can say with certainty that the client in 0.3.8 does work and the client in the 0.4.x series works even better.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby ziabice » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:14 am

I agree with your comments. I have hoped to have forgot something stupid.
I will try during the week end to install a floppy freesco box with the last release and I will keep you updated with my test.
Thank you for the support.

Luca
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Times'> «<i>Quelli che s'innamorano di pratica senza scienza son come il nocchiere, che entra in naviglio senza timone o bussola, che mai ha certezza dove si vada</i>.»</span></span>
ziabice

Postby ziabice » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:48 am

Just to close this issue.

I confirm that the dyndns client of 0.3.5 version is working fine! :-)
I did mistake in the configuration file: I confused the static Ip relased by my internet supplier with the the xxxx.dyndns.org definition.

...but any way, it has been a occasion to test the last freesco improvement. :o
Thanks

..:: Luca
ziabice

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.3.x