Zipslack 3.9

Packaging/Compiling/Client Information Forums, including Author's chit chat forum and soon others.

Postby Slowpoke » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:47 pm

I tried copying dropbear from my Freesco box, but it doesn't seem to want to run/stay running. As root on the Zipslack box I type: 'dropbear -p 22', and it returns to the prompt, but 'ps -A' doesn't show it running. Now that I'm thinking about it while I type, I'm guessing it can't find the key? How do I make a key for it to run, and where should it go?

I thought this would be quicker and easier than trying to d/l & compile OpenSSH for it... Can I 'cheat', or do I need to get OpenSSH?

Thanks!
-Slowpoke
Slowpoke
Advanced Member

Postby dingetje » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:41 pm

You can probably unpack the OpenSSH tarball from the FREESCO package.
GreetZ
http://dingetje.hopto.org

"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free." - LINUS TORVALDS
dingetje
FREESCO GURU !!

Postby Lightning » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:49 pm

Dropbear to my knowledge is the single exception for FREESCO/Zipslack/Slackware 3.9. The version that is included in FREESCO will NOT run in Zipslack or Slackware due to the source modification that I had to make in order for it to run in FREESCO with an ash shell. Which was to include a PATH variable in one .c file so it could find the shell in the first place. Which a bash shell chokes on and refuses to accept. So as suggested by Dingetje, just install the OpenSSH package or download and compile the OpenSSH source on that machine and it will work fine.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to Packaging/Compiling/Client Information Forums