sling adapter for Dish network

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

sling adapter for Dish network

Postby rsodos » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:21 pm

I'm not very well versed in configuring my Freesco firewall. I did get it functioning with Lightnings help. I have port forwarding working and i can VNC in with knock. I can VNC to my internal network to each PC via different ports. I recently added an IP camera and to get it working i had to open up port 80 by opening up the web function. I am about to buy a sling adapter so I can use Dish Anywhere. They say port 80, 443, and 5101 has to be open. I have 2 questions. Can I just add those ports into port forwarding page along with 5900 for VNC. ALso if it uses port 80 will it interfere with my IP camera.
Any help or advice will be appreciated.
rsodos

Re: sling adapter for Dish network

Postby Lightning » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:35 pm

Those ports are normally open, the only reason they would be closed is if the web server on FREESCO was running in "s" mode. Which would block port 80 or if you have the Apache package installed it could block port 443, which is secure SHTTP. Attach a report.txt and I could answer easily.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby rsodos » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:54 pm

Thank you so much. You are always so helpful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rsodos

Postby Lightning » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:52 am

You SHOULD not have any issues with the new device. Your web server is Thttpd running on port 80 in "y" mode so it will not cause any restrictions to your internal network on port 80. Although I suspect they are just talking about outbound port 80 most likely as well as outbound 443. Regardless none of the ports should be blocked in any way other than inbound port 80 due to port forwarding. So you should not need to make any changes to your system for the new device other than possibly for VNC if it has a direct control screen, which most are web based on port 80. So if you want to access it from the Internet you will most likely need to port forward another port to internal port 80. Something like tcp,81,80,xx.xx.xx.xx and then use a browser port when accessing from the Internet like http://xx.xx.xx.xx:81/. Although it could be using secure SHTTP and you would need to port forward port 443 as well to gain access from the Internet. But if those ports are just for it contacting other servers on the Internet then you won't need anything.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x