OpenSSL

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x

OpenSSL

Postby PurpleMeanie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:18 am

Can I assume that all this flap about OpenSSL bugs doesn't really include Freesco as you are using different libraries?

I am thinking about both v0.4.4 and v0.4.5

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/09 ... explained/

I guess as this is about a bug that has been in OpenSSL since New Years Eve 2011 then nothing to be worried about?

I did have to laugh when I saw the Buggy code had been checked in on New Years Eve :D
PurpleMeanie

Re: OpenSSL

Postby Lightning » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:27 pm

Yes, FREESCO's version of OpenSSL predates this bug, so there shouldn't be any issues. My philosophy of "If it aint broke, then don't fix it." seems to work for these types of problems. Just remember that FREESCO is on the well scabbed over edge of trailing technology. :wink:
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby PurpleMeanie » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:40 pm

That's what I thought. Though I do like your phrase: "Well scabbed over edge of trailing technology" :mrgreen:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll now go back to laughing at all those people with their dodgy little home routers with this problem in them that will never get fixed.
PurpleMeanie

Postby strampke » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:29 am

Another happy Freesco user here!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Who knows knows, who doesn't doesn't.
strampke
Junior Advanced Member

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.4.x