Need: Pptp Vpn Tunnel

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x 3rd Party Packages

Postby kvm » Fri May 15, 2009 1:40 am

Is there any way to adjust on Freesco 0.42 point to point tunneling PPTP VPN clients for Microsoft PPTP vpn server or PopTop server ?
kvm

Postby Lightning » Fri May 15, 2009 2:38 am

I am not sure that I understand what you mean by "adjust". There is the poptop package for FREESCO 04x and I have in the past made PPtP router to router tunnels using the built in PPtP client and the PopTop package. But that requires some pretty customized configurations and knowledge of the network to get things working properly. But just the PopTop package and connecting to it using a Windows client is pretty easy. But it depends on what your actual goals really are as to the best way to go about it.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby kvm » Fri May 15, 2009 5:52 am

Widows client connects with no problem. If there are 5 .. 10 clients,
it is desirable to make the settings in one place.
However, if this is a very difficult question was withdrawn.
kvm

Postby Lightning » Fri May 15, 2009 12:27 pm

You can make a tunnel from router to router so that the internal networks are somewhat seamless. But you would need to be comfortable with customizing scripts and making changes that may break things during the process and need to be undone. If this is a business environment doing this sort of thing would need to be done when no one else is using it and you would need remote access to the other end of the connection using SSH to possibly check logs or make additional changes. To really work well for Windows you also usually need Samba installed to get the network neighborhood working across the tunnel.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Re: Need: Pptp Vpn Tunnel

Postby kvm » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:17 am

I put the MS 2008 server behind SmoothWall Express with some script for iptables.
My attempts to use Freesco 0.42 for this purpose were unfortunately unsuccessful.
kvm

Re: Need: Pptp Vpn Tunnel

Postby kvm » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:15 am

This reason I found in document http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/pdf/VPN-Masquerade-HOWTO.pdf.

"If you are masquerading a PPTP server you also need to make sure that you have not enabled PPTP Call ID
masquerade in the kernel. Enabling PPTP Call ID masquerade builds in some assumptions that you're
masquerading only PPTP clients, so enabling it will prevent proper masquerade of the PPTP server traffic.
This also means that with the 2.0.x version of the patch you cannot simultaneously masquerade a PPTP
server and PPTP clients"
kvm

Return to 3rd Party Package Support for FREESCO v0.4.x