Two things: Strange message and IP lost

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x 3rd Party Packages

Two things: Strange message and IP lost

Postby Hitio » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:27 am

1)Hello
I have this strange issue.
I can not see my website. When I restart apache, it shows me this strange message:
Stopping Apache HTTP Server (this is normal)
Starting Apache HTTPS Server (this is not normal)
I wish to have a HTTPS, but I can not do it. I don´t know what thing to touch.
2)I don´t know why, when but my ISP changes the IP, FRESCO don´t update the DynDNS IP automatically.
When i shut down and restart the Freesco server Dyndns works fine, and Freesco update the Dyndns IP without problems. but if at any time the ISP´s IP changes, DynDNS is not updated.

Tx, Greetings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freesco Box 0.4.3-14 (Beta), Pentium 1 HP Vectra, 64 Mb RAM, FD, HD 4 Gb (Freesco HD Install Ext2) Eth Realtek 8139 (3), Packages: apache_1.3.27_dingetje, mysql-4.1.7-lightning, mc-4.6.0-lightning, PhpMyadmin, Webmin, etc. - My web site: marcalmo.homeip.net
Hitio
Junior Advanced Member

Re: Two things: Strange message and IP lost

Postby Lightning » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:07 pm

To start with port 443 is closed by the rc_httpd script. So you need to go into the "setup -> addon package menu" and disable the firewall rules for that script. Past that there are a few things to configure in Apache to get the HTTPS server going. But the firewall rule is the primary issue. Which the "abierto" is strictly referring to port 80 for the main server.
PKGDOMAIN=http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/private/043/ #URL de paquete
I am unsure of how this URL would be set other than manually. But I can garentee that it won't work. It should be changed to the main package domain of
Code: Select all
http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/packages/0.4.x/
or to another FREESCOsoft mirror.
# [Red 0]
SDHCP=n #cliente DHCP
DHCPDNS=n #DNS a través de DHCP
INTNAME0=eth0 #Interface
IPADDR0=192.168.5.29 #Dirección IP
NETMASK0=255.255.255.0 #Máscara de red
NETWORK0=192.168.5.0 #Dirección de red
BRDCAST0=192.168.5.255 #Dirección de difusión
IPRANGE0="" #Rango IP del servidor DHCP
As for DynDNS, there is no way for FREESCO to tell if your IP has changed unless you enable a "crond" job that runs the dyndns client every five minutes or so to check the external IP address. By default there is a line in the crontab that will update the dyndns once a day. But when FREESCO is not directly connected to the Internet you have to force it to check at what ever interval you want or need. Most likely about every five minutes or so.
*/5  *  *  *  *       dyndns 1>/dev/null 2>/dev/null
Unfortunately this is about as good as you can do unless FREESCO is directly connected to your ISP rather than on an internal subnet.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Hitio » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:37 pm

Hello Mr Lewis:
Thanks for your quick response
I have changed the package URL from /etc/system.cfg because since the setup menu is impossible. That direction (PKGDOMAIN=http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/private/043) is one that was used in this way before and I had forgotten restore it.
Now, the problem of the apache web server persist.
I can´t see the web server from outside. when i have a secondary web server in the past(Ubuntu server), this problem don´t exist.
I send a new report2.txt.
the cron don´t work with the news changes.
i send a image with the new conf.
I have change the dns.cfg
I have deactivate the httpd rules, but i don´t sure, about this.

In the dns.cfg, i don´t how is correct do this:

192.168.2.1 <tab>router.inet<tab>marcalmo.homeip.net<tab>another.site<tab>anothersite.net<tab>etc.
or
192.168.2.1 <tab>router.inet
192.168.2.1<tab>marcalmo.homeip.net
192.168.2.1<tab>another.site
192.168.2.1<tab>anothersite.net
192.168.2.1<tab>etc.

Tx.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freesco Box 0.4.3-14 (Beta), Pentium 1 HP Vectra, 64 Mb RAM, FD, HD 4 Gb (Freesco HD Install Ext2) Eth Realtek 8139 (3), Packages: apache_1.3.27_dingetje, mysql-4.1.7-lightning, mc-4.6.0-lightning, PhpMyadmin, Webmin, etc. - My web site: marcalmo.homeip.net
Hitio
Junior Advanced Member

Re: Two things: Strange message and IP lost (More Data)

Postby Hitio » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:35 am

Hello Mr Lewis:
I have find and use this web page:
http://www.zilos.com/conozcanos/traceroute.html
I lost 100% of the packages (probably by a firewall) (only a line)
The remaining lines OK I got lost 0%
I have change the Comtrend router config, open the port 80 from 192.168.5.29 to 192.168.2.1 and now, i don´t have packet loss.
But i don´t know if my web page is visible from outside.
I send screen capture files attach to this message.

Tx again.
Hitio
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Hitio » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:28 am

Finally
I have find the problem.
I have change the IP 192.168.2.1 for 192.168.5.29 in the DNS.CONF, in the HTTPD.CONF and the rules in the Comtrend Router from 192.168.2.1 to 192.168.5.29.
I believe what i can see mi web server from outhere. I don´t know 100% sure.
I have loss the internal visibility, but i have find a old post mine:
I have some trouble with the traceroute, but i don´t know why.

http://www.freesco.info/support-forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=17330

about loopback

Tx
Hitio
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:52 am

I have change the Comtrend router config, open the port 80 from 192.168.5.29 to 192.168.2.1
Hmmm your Comtrend should be opened to 192.168.5.29
and your dns.cfg should have these lines
192.168.2.1 <TAB> URL
192.168.3.1 <TAB> URL

But you need to be certain that eth0 is the interface that is actually connected to your Comtrend machine. So do the following
ping 192.168.5.1

Then check the back of the FREESCO box and see if the transmit light on that card is flashing at every ping interval.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Hitio » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:17 am

Tx Mr Lewis:

Yes i have change again the Comtrend firewall rules again.

I put a image of this.

And i have change the dns.conf too (another image).
Finally i have put (how you tell me in a old post) loopback in N mode.

All work fine now for me.

Thank you very much

PD: Another thing: the Option K, from the packages menu, don´t work for me. I need to made this change manually. (plz, see the image)
Hitio
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:15 pm

Option K, from the packages menu, don´t work for me. I need to made this change manually.
Unfortunately that is a bug in the 0.4.2 setup. However it is was fixed in 0.4.3 a few months ago when I discovered it. But because this is not a critical type of problem I never got around to posting a patch for it and possibly I won't because the work around is to just change it manually as you have done.
The "setsite" command is always the recommended way of setting the default URL and manually is a secondary optional parameter.

If you want SHTML to also work on Apache externally you will have to also forward TCP port 443 in your Comtrend router to 192.168.5.29
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby dingetje » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:32 am

Starting Apache HTTPS Server (this is not normal)

Yes, this is perfectly normal. The Apache package default comes with both HTTP and HTTPS enabled.
On my forum you can read howto disable HTTPS because most people don't need it and it preserves memory if you disable it.

http://dingetje.homeip.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=88

This howto is for FREESCO 03x but still applies for 04x too.

Be aware that if you do want to use HTTPS you'll need to install a (self signed) SSL certificate pointing to your DynDNS domain.
It's been a while since I've last did that procedure, but if you Google for it you'll probably find the procedure.
GreetZ
http://dingetje.hopto.org

"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free." - LINUS TORVALDS
dingetje
FREESCO GURU !!

Postby Hitio » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:52 am

Oh God and Demi-God.
Thanks for your patience. :roll:
Sorry for not understanding the short message.
I need the HTTPS service, but the data that tells me, is very useful.
Thank you very much.
Regards

PS: Sorry for the second place in the Football World Cup 2010. But I really do not feel much :D
Hitio
Junior Advanced Member

Return to 3rd Party Package Support for FREESCO v0.4.x