smtpclient

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x 3rd Party Packages

smtpclient

Postby justdave » Thu May 19, 2011 12:59 pm

I'm not sure if this post belongs here.

When using the smtpclient to send mail (from the efax package) I get the following errors in the header after receiving the email:

Code: Select all
   0.2 NO_REAL_NAME           From: does not include a real name
   0.2 INVALID_DATE           Invalid Date: header (not RFC 2822)
   -2.8 ALL_TRUSTED            Did not pass through any untrusted hosts
   0.2 MIME_MISSING_BOUNDARY  RAW: MIME section missing boundary
   0.5 MIME_HEADER_CTYPE_ONLY 'Content-Type' found without required MIME headers
   0.0 AWL                    AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list
Content-Length: 19490

Most are not a real problem, but the lack of date can mess up the order of the email in my inbox.

Thanks

dave
justdave
Junior Advanced Member

Re: smtpclient

Postby Lightning » Thu May 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Hmmmmm, well all that I can say at this point is that those error messages do not show up using exim on FREESCO as localhost, nor do they show up using my ISP's SMTP server. However in both cases I am using Thunderbird as my email client.

The date field is generated by the smtpclient binary using the 'timestamp()' function. So I am not sure why that would ever be an issue unless the original programmer got it wrong somehow. I see that specific function uses 'localtime(&now)'. So I am wondering if you have a timezone file added into your FREESCO box or if you are just using a standard +-xxxx time offset. Timezone files are in the 04x distribution and can be added to the /boot/tmz directory and a reboot is required to activate them.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to 3rd Party Package Support for FREESCO v0.4.x