Webmin login

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x 3rd Party Packages

Webmin login

Postby ckw » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Greetings,

The version of FREESCO I am running is FREESCO v0.4.2. I have installed the webmin-1.510-lightning package, but I am having issues logging in to the webmin interface. It doesn't seem to like any of the credentials I use. Is it setup to accept valid logins from my FreeSCO installation? Any help I can get to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Clark
The more I know, the more I know how much I don't know.
ckw

Re: Webmin login

Postby Lightning » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:00 pm

webmin uses "admin" as the user name and a password of "admin" on port 10000 with the default settings, which is displayed on the screen when you install the package. You can change the server settings by using "rc_webmin setup". You should be able to connect to it on your local network with

http://admin:admin@router.inet:10000/

Past that I have not really played with the package very much as I made it by request from another FREESCO user.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Re: Webmin login

Postby ckw » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:52 am

Thank you, Lightning. The admin:admin was what I needed and, of course, it worked.

You may have noticed that I joined this site in 2003. I have been using FreeSCO since before then. I would like to extol FreeSCO to you, but, I'm sure you already know how great it is!

Again, thank you for your resolution, and, for your time and attention. :D

Clark
The more I know, the more I know how much I don't know.
ckw

Return to 3rd Party Package Support for FREESCO v0.4.x