sambaswat in 0.4.5

Support section for FREESCO v0.4.x 3rd Party Packages

sambaswat in 0.4.5

Postby strampke » Sat May 10, 2014 8:39 am

Hi,
Installing sambaswat asks me to install inetd.
Once installing it urges me to stop installing because it is built in in 0.4.5
Stopping the inetd install or neglecting to install it in the first place makes sambaswat installation abort.

In another thread I saw:
Once you install sambaswat you are required to install the inetd package which then takes over complete control of starting and stopping the samba processes. So take a look in your /etc/inetd.conf and make sure that it has the correct line in it and make sure that in your /pkg/rc/rc_samba file the start and stop lines are commented out.

Well, I cannot find an inetd.conf in the standard 0.4.5 at /mnt/bootdev/router/etc but it exists in /etc
Is it there or is it not?
How will it survive a reboot?
Which is the correct line in inetd.conf?
I think installing samba the defoault way doesn't comment out the start and stop lines in rc_samba, nor does it adapt the inetd.cfg file

I might even have overlooked something....
Who knows knows, who doesn't doesn't.
strampke
Junior Advanced Member

Re: sambaswat in 0.4.5

Postby Lightning » Sat May 10, 2014 11:58 am

No you haven't overlooked anything, I had previously remade the inetd package to allow for 0.4.5 because you do NOT want it in 0.4.5 as the built in version is actually a better version than the package version. Also by default the /etc/inetd.conf file is built into the system. However if you need or want to make changes to it just copy it to /boot/etc and make the changes.

I will look at sambaswat and remake the package to work for 0.4.5 and post when it is finished.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Re: sambaswat in 0.4.5

Postby Lightning » Sat May 10, 2014 1:26 pm

Until this package is mirrored through FREESCOsoft it can be installed with

Code: Select all
pkg -i http://lewis.freesco.net/packages/0.4.x/sambaswat_2.2.7a_nachoman77.pkg
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to 3rd Party Package Support for FREESCO v0.4.x