"screen 3.9.x"

3rd Party Package Requesting

Postby dracula » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:31 am

This request probably started as 3rd party package support topic...

I installed the screen package for freesco 0.2.7 under 0.3.2 and finally got it to work! Unfortunately the terminfo configuration just ruined my other ncurses based programs (eg. teddy and iptraf)... So then I copied some terminfo files from another computer, and that broke screen :(
Now I always get the error "Warning: smir and ich1 set in vt100 terminfo entry" and the terminal session must be restarted, because it no longer responds to any command...

I already re-extracted the entire directory structure from terminfo.tar.gz which comes with the screen package (which is missing 'linux' btw), but the error keeps coming! I cannot get screen back to work...

Btw, I also removed the line "TERM=linux" from /etc/profile, so PuTTy can define its own settings, what's the purpose of that overrule line anyway?

I hope someone can build a package of a recent version of screen with all terminfo files in it... I'm completely lost in all these terminfo stuff, no idea what it's actually used for :wacko:
There are 10 kinds of people, those who know binary and those who don't.
dracula

Postby Zedde » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:48 am

never mind I think I got to work

solve dit buy installing screen_3.9.8-1_tom
"From now until the end of the world,
we and it shall be remembered.
We few, we Band of Brothers.
For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother."
Zedde
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:53 pm

what's the purpose of that overrule line anyway?

In a default FREESCO system the "linux" termcap is the only one available. It is also most likely the source of your current problem because the old screen package over wrote the existing linux file and that is what trashes the system. The package also does not remove correctly to fix it problems. Which I did make some minor adjustments to the 03x version of the screen package on my site to correct the problem.
<a href='http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/packages/0.3.x/' target='_blank'>http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/packages/0.3.x/</a>
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to 3rd Party Package Requesting