Scsi Tekram Dc930T

3rd Party Package Requesting

Postby madfish » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:51 am

Hello guys! Where can i get kernel described in title? It seems that i need to compile kernel by myself :blink: I u have this one - just tell me because i have 2xIBM 30Gb UW. :tongue2:
Thx...
madfish

Postby CDFiXER » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:08 pm

If you already know about this or if it is not compatible with your controller, then please disegard: There is a SCSI package that you run with a floppy install and it adds the kernel and adds other tools for SCSI use. It will also allow the Freesco installation to be moved from floppy to the SCSI hdd's.
Catapultam habeo.
Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
CDFiXER
Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:42 pm

There is a SCSI package that you run with a floppy install and it adds the kernel and adds other tools for SCSI use.
Unfortunately the SCSI package is for running SCSI drives as secondary drives. So if you want to boot from a SCSI drive you have to have a SCSI kernel with support for the controller built in. :(
I will take a look at the source and see if that controller is listed.

[Later]
Is it possible you mis typed some characters and you mean Tekram Dc390T ?
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby madfish » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:05 pm

Lightning wrote:
There is a SCSI package that you run with a floppy install and it adds the kernel and adds other tools for SCSI use.
Unfortunately the SCSI package is for running SCSI drives as secondary drives. So if you want to boot from a SCSI drive you have to have a SCSI kernel with support for the controller built in. :(
I will take a look at the source and see if that controller is listed.

[Later]
Is it possible you mis typed some characters and you mean Tekram Dc390T ?

Oops ... yeah sorry... I mean Dc390T!!!... I saw some string in menuconfig of adaptec scsi package which contains that kind of device but will it work if just uncomment this string?
madfish

Postby Lightning » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:40 pm

but will it work if just uncomment this string?

Yes, but NOT as a boot device. So if this is a secondary drive it will work fine. But if you need it to boot from that drive then you will need the dc390t kernel which can be found <a href='http://lewys-spot.dyndns.org/kernels/' target='_blank'>HERE</a>
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to 3rd Party Package Requesting