What About Watchdog For Freesco?

3rd Party Package Requesting

Postby Slider » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:41 am

Hi there. I've idea, how make 2-channel watchdog for this router. It's simple cheme with 2 transistor, 2 diode, 2 resistor and 2 12-volt relays. This device get power from PC power supply, 12 volt. Device connected to rs-232 port, to 4 and 7 pin. While on theese pins logical 1 present, the relay has swithed off (or on) contacts, which connected to reset switch connector or interrupts VCC on GPRS or ADSL modems. So, router reliability will increase. I use this device on windows-based system, one smart guy wrote software for it using Visual Basic, but hi's can't programming for Linux.
Maybe somebody will try to write package for freesco? If it's possible, a will present full cheme and details characteristics for it.
Thank you.
Slider

Postby Lightning » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:17 pm

Hmmm well possibly if we had the source code for the original and the entire scheme of what it is supposed to do someone might want to take on this task. Probably not me but I will take a look at it at least.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby CDFiXER » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:36 pm

If it helps, I looked into this a long time ago and I think agetty along with some scripting can be used for this. All it requires is the RTS or other IO pin in a serial port to be triggered on a timely basis. Obviously unless you have a free serial port you are kind of out of luck. I never persued it any further since another discussion about restarting Freesco services automagically worked better for me.

I also think Dingetje has a tar file on his site for controlling LCD screens could also be used with the proper scripting.
Catapultam habeo.
Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
CDFiXER
Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:53 pm

There is also the "paralle" binary that can control multiple pins on a parallel port.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to 3rd Party Package Requesting