Pcmcia Wireless Drivers

3rd Party Package Requesting

Postby CDFiXER » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:28 pm

<a href='http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/' target='_blank'>http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/</a>

I have a CISCO AIR-PCM350 card that is supposed to be supported by the Linux package. Since I am still having trouble with building a stable developement box, can someone please check and see if this will compile for Freesco's kernel?

Thank you in advance!

(web sites mention this package as working with 2.0 series kernels and specifically kernels older than 2.4)
Catapultam habeo.
Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
CDFiXER
Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:49 pm

Looking through the PCMCIA package this card should already be supported. Because the airo_cs driver is shown under wireless cards and it shows the 350 series. So if it doesn't work most likely all that needs to be done is to update the configuration to list your specific cards manfid in association with the airo_cs driver.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby CDFiXER » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:02 pm

I looked through the pcmcia package and noticed that after I posted. I was not getting the responses on my test system that I should so I checked the card further. The card is 32 bit and my ancient PCMCIA to PC104 adapter is a 16bit interface. I may be getting an old laptop that may have 32 bit PCMCIA, will have to research that one further.

Thanks for looking!
Catapultam habeo.
Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
CDFiXER
Advanced Member

Return to 3rd Party Package Requesting