SNMP package for v0.4.0

3rd Party Package Requesting

SNMP package for v0.4.0

Postby bluemagma » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:33 pm

Could someone put this together?

Thanks, much appreciated, will keep me from having to shut down and downgrade to version 3...

Freesco love! I'm typically a Windows guy, but I'm seeing Freesco can handle anything, and do it much better than any off the shelf retail router. Its the one device on my network I never reboot!
bluemagma

Re: SNMP package for v0.4.0

Postby Lightning » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:19 pm

As requested I have repackaged the old snmpd version for the 04x series. It is listed as a beta package because I have not done any testing on it other than to make sure it installs and the binary runs. The package is located on my site and will be mirrored on FREESCOsoft this weekend. So you should be able to find it by updating your package listing in the setup or manually using

pkg -cf -/

Be sure and let me know how it works for you and if there is anything that needs changed or updated in the package to install and run smoothly.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Re: SNMP package for v0.4.0

Postby Instigater » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:51 pm

It should be noted that this package only works if local DNS server is enabled.

/etc/hosts file does not get populated with server hostname if DNS server is not working and this causes SNMPD daemon to fail starting as it cannot detect own hostname.
Instigater

Return to 3rd Party Package Requesting