webcam.sh

3rd Party Package Requesting

Postby joeyg » Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:48 am

FreeSCO ROCKS. I would like to put my parallel port cam into the mix. I would like to put the frame captured into a webpage.
Will this work with 0.3.x? Can it be repackaged? and what else, besides a parallel port webcam, needs to be done if it will work. Commands? TIA.....JG
joeyg

Postby TalkingToes » Wed Apr 30, 2003 5:14 pm

Hi,

Sure, it can repackaged. but not today... I am using v.0.2.7 here and have finally gotten all my packages to "play nice", and am happy with it, as is! Too many packages for only .0.2.7 not yet available on .0.3.x I have not used 0.3.x in the last 5 months, and cannot comment how hard it will be to change to the new format. I will look into it, but it will be at least a month or so.. sorry :(

The webcam.tgz file for .0.2.7 makes a /bin /lib /usr/lib off of .../packages/webcam/ and there are 2 other directories that need to be made elsewhere. All the scripts call /bin/webcam to do their dirty work. Loops, renaming, settings are all changed outside of /bin/webcam in the originating script. Note: cqcam,webcam (binary), stamp, etc are NOT to be in /bin/ but used by the /bin/webcam (script) only. Edit /rc/rcuser/rc_webcam where it creates the /etc/webcam.cfg file. INSERTEDCOMMENT is placed inside the gif file, and can be read by other programs out there.

TalkingToes
Jobless in Seattle

PS. My webcam has lost most color. and Murry the Cat did not eat this cord, yet.
Added 4/30/03. Opened up the camera, per these <a href='http://sunflower.bio.indiana.edu/~rhangart/quickcaminfo/quickcammod.html' target='_blank'>Good Directions</a> (Be patient!!), and untwisted the focus lens off. The IR was broken. Some little blue plastic fell out. Bad thing. Off to a camera shop to buy something for it.. Funky images are all I get now...
5' 16" is easy math, so why do SO many miss it?
TalkingToes

Postby lgrfbs » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:38 am

TalkingToes: Do you upgrade too freesco 3.x.x jet?
Is a Package of the webcam.sh for freesco 3.x.x in plans?

Sorry for my English.
lgrfbs in Sweden
Freesco - PicoPhone & NetMeeting: robb-h.mine.nu
Intressanta hemsidor: JemtRallarna LGR FBS Min Labbsida
Fel 404 = Felet är 404mm från skärmen.
lgrfbs
Junior Advanced Member

Return to 3rd Party Package Requesting