[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - [Wanted] SOCKS server support...

[Wanted] SOCKS server support...

Remember this is a 1.44Mb floppy disk router, space is limited.

Postby Aeternus » Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:38 am

<font color='#000000'>I know there are several packages but... Including a SOCKS capable server in Freesco could solve a lot of issues with MSN and filetransfers and the such. I installed a small SOCKS5 server under freesco (didn't take much resources) and it works splendidly. As long as you either password protect it, or allow only local IPs to use it...</font>
[bush@whitehouse.gov] make war iraq<br>make: No target to make war. Stop.<br>[bush@whitehouse.gov] kill Saddam<br>usage: kill [-(sig-num)] (pid)...
Aeternus

Postby Paul » Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:09 pm

<font color='#000000'>It will be nice :)</font>
Paul

Postby dingetje » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:04 am

dingetje

Postby Aeternus » Fri Nov 15, 2002 9:12 pm

<font color='#000000'>http://freescosoft.freebse.nl/FREESCO/unclassified/v0.2.7/socks5.htm

This one, 'tough it wasn't in package format. It has a VERY poor sample config, but I found the site it came from:
<a href="http://www.sockscap.com/howto.html" target="_blank">http://www.sockscap.com/howto.html</a>
Should be enough info for a package good there :D

It now runs on my comp as a SOCKS 5 server with cleartext authentication: 300 KB.

I reckon it'll work just as fine in 0.30 as it does for me in 0.27... Haven't tested it since the old PPTP progthing I need to connect to the internet with under 0.27 does not work under 0.30...</font>
[bush@whitehouse.gov] make war iraq<br>make: No target to make war. Stop.<br>[bush@whitehouse.gov] kill Saddam<br>usage: kill [-(sig-num)] (pid)...
Aeternus

Postby dingetje » Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:00 am

dingetje

Postby VIP » Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:19 pm

<font color='#000000'>Yes! i have been looking for a socks server!
Please make a package out of it. :p</font>
VIP

Postby dingetje » Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:26 am

dingetje

Postby VIP » Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:36 am

<font color='#000000'>Eh why do u need to recompile?
Can't we use the one linked abow and make a insllscript? :O</font>
VIP

Postby VIP » Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:42 am

VIP

Postby dingetje » Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:25 pm

dingetje

Postby VIP » Sun Nov 24, 2002 3:39 pm

<font color='#000000'>The nix version requiers an email.
First they send u a email with couple of questions.
Im replying to that one right now
But i have my doubt that they will give me a copy.
I read somewhere that they dont ship outside USA and im in sweden so...
Will post here if i get hold of a copy.
Chears! :oops:</font>
VIP

Postby VIP » Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:19 pm

VIP

Postby VIP » Thu Nov 28, 2002 11:41 pm

<font color='#000000'>Well i have the source code and have tested the proxy (and read alot of pages).
But its not that nice as i thought :(
My idea was for all my filesharing programs to use it, so i could take away a lot of portforwards in freesco.
All my sharing program says that they work with socks5 but i have discoverd that sure they suport it for outbound comms.
But most program i have require a listening port (diffrent from the sending port, som times its even a udp port).
I now have only 1 program that actually suport socks5 for both listening and sending through.
Yes the program is ICQ the most hatet program in the world.
Filetransfers between 2 Icq users works (both behind NAT).
File transfers from ICQ to Trillian (an exelent icq clone) works (Both behind NAT).
Incomming filetransfers dosen't work at all from ICQ clones :(
I have several computers behind freesco so icq is important but i need a clone like trillian to work, no luck.
Its possible for p2p programs to work correctly over a socks5 proxy if the client is fully programed to use bind ports through proxys unfortunelly the only program so far is ICQ :(

I have eaven tried to socksify socalled socks5 compatible programs but no luck (program used sockscap).

Anyone that has an idea how im going to accomplish that?
Can ipmasq be configured in any way to accomplish that for me?
One ide is (remember i have no ide how ipmasq works) ipmasq senses that im sending on a specific port and forwards another one to me (with some timer thingis so its closed after transfer ends), or maby starts a script that does that.

Please mail me or ty my icq if u have a way around my problem (maby i have som configuration problems here).</font>
VIP

Postby Aeternus » Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:40 pm

Aeternus

Return to FREESCO wish list