[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - what about GUI???

what about GUI???

Remember this is a 1.44Mb floppy disk router, space is limited.

Postby chall3ng3r » Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:45 pm

<font color='#000000'>hi all,

i wish if there is a GUI for setting all the cunfigurations for freesco.

like this:
<a href="http://www.qnx.com/demodisk/index.html" target="_blank">http://www.qnx.com/demodisk/index.html</a>

it will just give GUI like the sample, and provide a web browser and a text editor and file explorer.

i think thats not too much :D

// chall3ng3r //</font>
chall3ng3r

Postby ShadowHawke » Thu Mar 27, 2003 5:32 pm

A perfect world would mean WinOS would be open source. Of course if it were, that would mean it was Linux.<br><br>Eric Schuetz (circa: March 26, 2003)<br><br><a href='http://shadowpc.serveftp.com' target='_blank'>http://shadowpc.homelinux.com</a>
ShadowHawke

Postby Odin » Tue May 06, 2003 2:37 am

It has been my experience that GUIs are a great waste of CPU power. The slower i486 and i386 computers could become useless. One most likely could make a psudo-GUI using text only simular to BBS using ASCII codes. I beleave this is what Mitel Networks did for their SME Server.

<a href='http://www.e-smith.org' target='_blank'>Mitel Networks SME Server</a>

:whatsthat: P.S. The SME server is sort of a Freesco on steroids. It works great, but is overkill for most users.
Be patiant, the gods are still at work here.
Odin

Postby SharkMan » Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:25 am

SharkMan

Postby Wreck-It » Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:05 am

<a href='http://lanqc.com/' target='_blank'>My box</a>, Active lanparty organizer, and a total bonehead with Linux.
Wreck-It

Postby Bettes » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:25 am

<b><span style='color:red'>Haunted by Murphy's Law</span></b>
Bettes

Postby Thasaidon » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:10 pm

Experience shared, is experience gained.

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Postby Yoinx » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:05 am

Yoinx

Postby deoren » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:08 pm

Hey Guys,

chall3ng3r may have been referring to the initial setup. Perhaps not. *shrugs*

If so, then perhaps chall3ng3r was referring to a setup gui similar to <a href='http://www.coyotelinux.com' target='_blank'>Coyote Linux</a>.

I haven't used Coyote yet, but it sounds promising. It can't do nearly what Freesco can do though. It would be interesting to disect and tinker with however.

I for one, am glad that Freesco didn't have a gui like Coyote when I first used it a year ago. Because it wasn't dumbed down, I was forced to learn command line equivalents of a gui, and it helped me a lot.

It showed me that GNU/Linux is very capable and quite elegant when it comes to commandline options. DOS is a joke compared to GNU/Linux. Working with a commandline helps to show this.

BTW, I'm only comparing DOS & GNU/Linux because of the command line aspect. Otherwise, GNU/Linux obviously is better. ;)
<span style='color:gray'><i>This is your life, are you who you want to be ...<br>This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be when<br>the world was younger and you had everything to lose?<br> -:- Switchfoot (This is your life)<br></i></span><br><a href='http://www.whyaskwhy.org' target='_blank'>Website</a> <a href='http://blogs.whyaskwhy.org/deoren/' target='_blank'>Blog</a><br><br>Steps to create a GNU/Linux 2.4 ramdisk: <a href='http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&threadid=280750' target='_blank'>http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/sh...threadid=280750</a>
deoren

Postby mswirid » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:18 am

mswirid

Postby Howler » Wed Oct 15, 2003 12:19 pm

The first, the original and still the main FREESCOsoft site
The best place for FREESCO packages and related files.
Created and maintained by me (Howler), and mirrored by many (well, ok mirrored by some).
Howler
Advanced Member

Return to FREESCO wish list