[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - Dyndns Cron Update Failure

Dyndns Cron Update Failure

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x

Postby BomBtek » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:16 pm

I'm really sorry for being dense here, but I know I'm missing something simple.

If I set "RMTP=n" freesco sets my dyndns account to 192.168.2.2, which is not quite right.

I think I know why this is as my modem although bridged still is only offering the 192.168.2.0 subnet with 2.1 as the gateway. I have tried setting the modem back to route mode setting the modem to offer IPs via DHCP rather than static, but freesco doesn't like that at all, unless I set the DHCP IP range to 192.168.2.2-2.2 as the only range which in ineffect is pretty much a static anyway.

In my eth0 setup I have

627. Use DHCP client = y

So what am I missing here?

Thanks again!
"Initial Success Or Total Failure"
BomBtek

Postby Lightning » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:53 pm

The very first thing that I need to know is exactly what kind of connection to your ISP you have?

After that the settings on the modem will need to be changed a LOT because it should not even have DHCP running or routing traffic or doing anything to work as you really want it to work.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby BomBtek » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:13 pm

I have residential DSL through Embarq, but I do not use pppoe or any kind of logon creds for authentication. The auth is done by my pair number similar to cable.

BTW, my DSL modem is a Zyxel 660ME

Thanks again
BomBtek

Postby Lightning » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:52 pm

Ok that uses a ADSL type of connection that FREESCO does not support. However the modem will make the connection and it will work as it should if you configure the modem correctly. Here is the setup instructions for the modem to do what you are asking <a href='http://oliver.schinagl.nl/~oliver/660-MEBridgeconfiguration.pdf' target='_blank'>http://oliver.schinagl.nl/~oliver/660-MEBr...nfiguration.pdf</a>
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby BomBtek » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:54 pm

BomBtek

Postby Lightning » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:15 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby BomBtek » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:39 am

BomBtek

Re: Dyndns Cron Update Failure

Postby icecube » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:45 am

Hi everyone,

This is my current setup.

ISP ADSL Modem ---- (WAN) Linksys Router (LAN) ----- (eth0) Freesco

I'm accessing Freesco via the LAN switch in the Linksys router but after I have configure the Freesco. I can't seem to be able to get an update using no-ip protocol. My intention is to run Freesco as a back end server and I wish to be able to access freesco from outside.

Can anyone help? Attached is the report.txt.

Many Thanks,
icecube
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
icecube

Postby Lightning » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:16 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby icecube » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:23 am

Hi Lighting,

Thank you for your support.

Here's the dyndns.cfg file you required.

icecube :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
icecube

Postby Lightning » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:52 am

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby icecube » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:10 am

Hi Lightning,

I got it working.

Cheers!
icecube :lol:
icecube

Previous

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.3.x