[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - Assistance With Setting Up A Test Environment

Assistance With Setting Up A Test Environment

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x

Postby twotribez » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:22 am

Hi Guys,

Hoping to get some assistance. I am glad I found this software, it was exactly what I was looking for. However, I am not a network guy and having issues getting it to do what I want it too.

This is basically what I want FREESCO to do for me. I downloaded a preconfigured one for vmware uploaded by Corn. Only modification I made to it was to add another network card to it. Totally 3 NICs now, however I am unable to add anymore which is weird.

Anyway, I have added a report.txt file which hopefully will aid in what I am trying to do.

I am trying to emulate a testing environment for myself using VMWare Workstation 6.

I want to run 3 different subnets, each subnet representing a different geographical location as I want to simulate WAN links and possibly throttle the links to test GPOs and replication.

Freesco Router
NIC1 - Set to Bridge
NIC2 - Set to VMNet2
NIC3 - Set to VMnet3
NIC4 - still unable to add a forth NIC as yet (not sure why)

NIC1 - Since it is set to bridge, it is being assigned an IP address by my home router, it has been assigned 192.168.1.243

NIC2 - I have configured the IP to be 192.168.2.1
NIC3 - Will be configuring it to 192.168.3.1
NIC4 - When I get it working will be configured to 192.168.4.1

I will have a DC located on each LANs subnet.

I would also eventually like to have an ISA Server running which all LANs will route too, to access the internet.

I will have the main Exchange Server located on subnet 192.168.2.x, I will also have exchange servers located on the other LANs to handle their own mail.

Right now, I have got the subnets talking to each other, they can even access the Host PCs internet as the first NIC is bridged. However, they can only access internet via IP addresses, I am unable to get DNS working.

DC located on subnet 192.168.2.x is configured as a DHCP and DNS Server. This is the TCP/IP settings I have entered into the DCs NIC.

IP: 192.168.2.2
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.2.1 (Freesco eth1 setting)

DNS 1: 192.168.2.2 ( I used this IP as I have configured the DC to be the DNS Server, however, it must be resolving DNS from somewhere, which I assume should be the Freesco router which inturn should be getting DNS from my ISP)

The other DCs will be configured the same way.

Now, I need it to be secure as well and would eventually like to be able to connect to my VMs externally, I may use ISA to be the VPN Server but have not worked out how to use that yet.

I heard that Freesco can also serve as a firewall but I have no idea where to start?

Sorry for the long post, can anyone assist or sort of understand what I am trying to set up? I am pretty confused at the moment about the DNS stuff.

Thank you again.

Cheers!

Clem
twotribez

Postby Lightning » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:05 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby twotribez » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:31 pm

twotribez

Postby Lightning » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:51 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby twotribez » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:12 pm

twotribez

Postby twotribez » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:48 am

twotribez

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.3.x