[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - Dhcp Server Windows 2003

Dhcp Server Windows 2003

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x

Postby jetdynamics » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:53 pm

What Im trying to do is I do have Windows DHCP Server Setup on ETH1 which will be responsible for DHCP lease I already did configure it to cover the DHCP Scope for ETH2 here's the setup
FREESCO Settings
ETH1 - 192.168.91.1
DHCP Scope: 192.168.91.128 192.168.91.254

Windows Server 2003 - 192.168.91.130
DNS - configure
Active Directory - configure
DHCP Scope - 192.168.91.128 192.168.91.254
192.168.174.128 192.168.174.254

XP1 - 192.168.91.129 --> getting the DHCP IP from Server 2003
--> belongs to the Domain of Server 2003 FREESCO Settings
ETH2 - 192.168.174.1
DHCP Scope: 192.168.174.128 192.168.174.254

XP3 - 192.168.174.128 ( If I setup this one with static IP this will
be able to communicate to Windows Server 2003 and XP1 )
If I setup this one to DHCP the Windows Server should be able to communicate with this and Windows Server would be able to provide IP but It was not able to communicate.

For Further explanation:
XP3 will talk to ETH2 then ETH2 will talk to ETH1 and ETH1 will say ok so your looking for an IP I'll pass you to Windows Server 2003 the
Server 2003 will provide IP since it has on its list the Scope for ETH2.

What Im trying to do is tell FREESCO ROUTER all the DHCP request from any
ETH2,ETH1 and so on would be point to Windows Server 2003 so that
Windows Server will take care of DHCP for each network.

Im trying to emulate a network environment where FREESCO is the means
of communication and Server2003 is the point of control of DHCP Lease
I really love FREESCO router once I get this done the possibility are
limitless. It would help me achieve my certification.

Thanks for taking time reading my questions.
jetdynamics

Postby Lightning » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:59 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby jetdynamics » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:55 am

I was able to download it on freesco if i run zcat < dhcrelay.gz > dhcrelay would this show how it was unzipped or will it just proceed to root@freesco?

This is how I did this

[root@freesco] zcat < dhcrelay.gz > dhcrelay
[root@freesco] rm dhcrelay.gz
[root@freesco] chmod +x dhcrelay

Is that correct? Or did I miss something that I didnt run right?

I know got some king of syntax error after proceeding with all and the code. See attached.
jetdynamics

Postby jetdynamics » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:01 pm

I managed to remove again the code all went back fine I think I didnt put it right or havent got dhcrelay.gz unzipped right. I'll just wait for the answer on my questions about unzipping the dhcrelay.gz and will proceed after that.
jetdynamics

Postby dingetje » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:18 pm

GreetZ
http://dingetje.hopto.org

"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free." - LINUS TORVALDS
dingetje
FREESCO GURU !!

Postby Lightning » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:56 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby jetdynamics » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:02 pm

jetdynamics

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.3.x