[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - Problem with NAT/Firewall option

Problem with NAT/Firewall option

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x

Problem with NAT/Firewall option

Postby fgonz8 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:08 pm

I have the next scenario.

eth0 eth1
10.49.8.237 192.168.1.1
255.255.0.0 <-----------------------> 255.255.255.0

When I have the NAT/Firewall active, I can to made ping to any direction of the 10.49.X.X subnet since 192.168.1.x, but it's not posible to reach at reverse if I have a route at a computer of the 10.49.x.x subnet. For example:

route add 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0 10.49.8.237

When I disable the NAT/Firewall service, I can with the last route to make ping to 192.168.1.x since 10.49.X.X , but now I don't reach 10.49.x.x since 192.168.1.x

Does anyone know the reason?

Thanks in advance
fgonz8

Re: Problem with NAT/Firewall option

Postby Lightning » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:04 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby fgonz8 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:43 am

Hi, thanks for the response.

Sorry, but do not quite understand. I've already tried to put the next route from my WXP Clientes

"route add 192.168.1.0 mask 255.255.255.0 10.49.8.237

on computers on the subnet 10.49.x.x and I always get "destination port unreachable" when the freesco Firewall is ON.

Subnet <------------------------------>FREESCO------------------------------------->Subnet
10.49.X.X 10.49.8.237 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.X
255.255.0.0 255.255.0.0 255.255.255.0 255.255.255.0
10.49.1.1 10.49.1.1 192.168.1.1

I do not know if I'm misunderstanding. Possibly, yes.

Thanks in advance
fgonz8

Postby Lightning » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:12 pm

When the firewall is enabled Interface 0 is considered the external intereface and nothing will be able to access any intertnal interface. All internal interfaces will be able to access the external subnet though. When the firewall is disabled then all packets from any interface are forwarded and that is when the routing is required for the clients that do NOT have FREESCO set as there default gateway. Be aware that extra routing is required for ALL clients regardless of what subnet they are on if they are not using FREESCO as there default gateway.
Also the command line you show for your route command is not exactly accurate because you MUST include a "GW" or gateway command of some kind for it to work.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.3.x