[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - Multiple Hard Disk

Multiple Hard Disk

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x

Multiple Hard Disk

Postby cgm » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:02 pm

I have been running 3.5 for quite a while and have been very happy. On my system, I have 2 hard disks. I have access to both of them internally, but have not found a way to use the second drive as part of my web server. I have tried to use the ln command to put a link as a directory inside /www but that directory can not be accessed from the web. Is there a way to create some link between the two drives that is accessable from the web.

Thanks
cgm

Re: Multiple Hard Disk

Postby Lightning » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:27 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby cgm » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:22 pm

My primary drive is mounted as usual to /mnt. /www is a link to /mnt/bootdev/router/www which should also be normal. The web server connects both internally and externally to this directory.

The second hard disk is mounted to /mnt2. It has 2 directories in it, www2 and www3. The permissions on /mnt2, and both www2 and www3 are all drwxrwxrwx.

I have a simple web page in /mnt2/www2

I create a link within /www using the command ln -s /mnt2/www2 xxx

I can then cd to the directory /www/xxx and see the files that are stored there including a web page index.htm.

If I then acces the web page via http://192.168.3.1 I see the index.htm page for the main web page. If I try to access http://192.168.3.1/xxx or http://192.168.3.1/xxx/index.htm I receive an error
403 Forbidden
You do not have permission to get '/xxx/index.htm'.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thttpd

The thttpd is a link to a site at acme.com

I have tried your chown command with no success, I am not sure what the format is of the disk. I also need to find again where I am actually mounting the drive it is not in rc_user.
cgm

Postby Lightning » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:00 am

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.3.x