[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - please help beginner configuring 0.3.2

please help beginner configuring 0.3.2

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x

please help beginner configuring 0.3.2

Postby online99 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:37 pm

The computer I'm trying to set up for Freesco is a 10 year old Dell Inspiron 5000. It has an internal lucent modem on com3. I use a Realtek pcmcia card for an ethernet port. I took the driver file out of the modules folder, but I don't know what to do with it.

I have the floppy booting, but I don't have the settings right. Freesco says no network card found at all. Check your settings.

I'll provide whatever information I can if someone can explain to me where to get it from.

Thank you for your patience.
online99

Re: please help beginner configuring 0.3.2

Postby Lightning » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:51 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby online99 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:11 pm

Would a winmodem be branded lucent? I tested the modem directly into the replay, and I got the string that indicated that the line had enough power to talk to the replay. I didn't think that was possible with a winmodem.

But I'm pretty ignorant about this, so I'm ready to be corrected.
online99

Postby online99 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:18 pm

BTW, the pcmcia ethernet port is the realtek 8139 that you said was part of the kernel.
online99

Postby Lightning » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:19 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby online99 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 pm

Here's a really dumb question. When a message stays in the outbox instead of going to the sent box, does that mean it didn't send?
online99

Postby Lightning » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby online99 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:56 am

Interesting. I never noticed that in other forums. Thanks for the heads up, and sorry for the duplicates.
online99

Return to FREESCO Support for v0.3.x