[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - Exim user problem

Exim user problem

Support section for FREESCO v0.3.x 3rd Party Packages

Exim user problem

Postby Thasaidon » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:20 am

Experience shared, is experience gained.

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Re: Exim user problem

Postby Lightning » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:15 pm

I have seen this happen when I manually edit'ed the passwd file and gave a specific user root privileges of 0:0. So be certain the user name is a standard user ID like 500+:100

I would also install the exim_admin+ package and take a look at the queue. You may have a BUNCH of items in there causing problems. If you do just delete them in the control panel addon package section for the exim_admin+
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Thasaidon » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:44 am

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:59 pm

One test that can be done easily is to manually change the IP address of the client by setting it manually to an IP outside the normal DHCP range and then try to send mail again. Because everything that you are saying points towards some sort of IP ban either in an exim configuration or somewhere on the system or even on the client system.

If this system is already configured manually then I would suggest changing it to DHCP. I would also in either case look at this systems advanced network settings because I have seen Windows update make changes in DNS and gateway settings on the client that completely mess everything up without anyone knowing about it. Which with the circumstances that this happened under leads me to think that is what has happened. Another test would be to try that user name from a different system all together to determine if this really is a FREESCO/Exim problem or a client problem.

P.S. The exim admin plus addon is pretty neat to use. So you might consider the 04x series a but more when 0.4.3 is released in the not to distant future ;)
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Thasaidon » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:46 am

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:01 pm

Well you have pretty much stumped all of my thoughts, but you might try searching the exim configuration file for that user name. If you have the mc package installed it has a very nice search engine that can search a single file or directory for any instance of a word or name.

If that doesn't help then I suggest you send me a PM with that specific user name included so I can duplicate it on my own system, although I am running 4.5
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Thasaidon » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Well, I guess I'm as stumped as you are ;-)

Especially because this happened overnight.
On evening it was all still working, the next morning it didn't work anymore.
No config changes, no power outages, nothing...

I'll try and do a checkdisk tomorrow, to see if that fixes anything.
And I'll let MC do a search on the username.

I'll keep you posted.

thanx again.

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Postby Thasaidon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:26 am

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Return to 3rd Party Package Support for FREESCO v0.3.x