[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - 2 Pcmcia Nic's

2 Pcmcia Nic's

If it does not fit any where else, then post it here.
SPAM is not allowed, here or any other forums

Postby Lightning » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:26 am

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Thasaidon » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:33 am

Experience shared, is experience gained.

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Postby Thasaidon » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:18 am

Well, I managed to reformat the HDD and get 037 on it.
However, after having run setup on the floppy, then running mv2hd and installing the pcmcia package (pcmcia-3.1.34b-lightning), I have the same problem as before...
The Xircom is beeing detected and working, but the Sweex is not.

I didn't have time to try the pcmcia-3.1.34a-lightning package again, but I will later when I get home...
I take it there is no difference between 036 and 037 which could cause this behaviour again?

btw... I noticed it doesn't matter if you set the IRQ & IO to either 0 (zero) or the appropriate value in the setup. (at least not for the Xircom)

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Postby Thasaidon » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:38 am

Well, for some reason (after installing the mc-4.6.0-lightning package) things seem to work ok with the B version of the pcmcia package.
Call me crazy, but it just seems to work ok now.

I still need to do some more testing, so I'll let you know.

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:09 am

It is possible that the pcmcia package needs the upgraded libc.so.5 that comes with the mc package to get the network card to work properly.
I will include it in the next version of the pcmcia package.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Thasaidon » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:41 am

I was thinking the same thing, and I'm on my way to uninstalling the MC package :D

But I wonder if the origional libc.so.5 will be put back by just uninstalling the MC package. If not, I'll see what happens when I put a clean 037 version on the HD and then replace the origional libc.so.5 with the one from the MC package...

but I'll let you know.

As for the "Freeze during startup"...
Freesco is no longer "waiting" for the synctime to complete...
However... the problem of not being able to ping from/to Freesco still occured (just once yet)... :(
and again, only an "rc_main restart" seemed to solve this.

<a href='http://thasaidon.homeip.net/tmp/report_ok.txt' target='_blank'>HERE</a> is the latest report.txt
This report was created when all was working.

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:39 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Thasaidon » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:58 am

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Postby Thasaidon » Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:29 am

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:00 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Thasaidon » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:55 am

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Postby CDFiXER » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:36 am

Catapultam habeo.
Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum
immane mittam.
CDFiXER
Advanced Member

Postby Thasaidon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:25 am

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:41 pm

Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby Thasaidon » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:08 am

Thasaidon
Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Other Discussions