[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
FREESCO Support • View topic - Freesco answering machine?

Freesco answering machine?

3rd Party Package Requesting

Postby steve_v » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:20 pm

steve_v

Postby steve_v » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:25 pm

steve_v

Postby dingetje » Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:51 am

GreetZ
http://dingetje.hopto.org

"Software is like sex: it's better when it's free." - LINUS TORVALDS
dingetje
FREESCO GURU !!

Postby El Machete » Sat Sep 20, 2003 1:34 am

El Machete Main Site<br><a href='http://elmachete.dyndns.org' target='_blank'>http://elmachete.dyndns.org</a><br><br><b><i>Information wants to be free. Use open source</b></i><br><br>Other sites by El Machete:<br><br><a href='http://laoficina.mine.nu/' target='_blank'>El Machete Group Office</a><br>
El Machete

Postby tom » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:51 pm

ok, I really have to say that this is VERY much appreciated. I've been on a mission lately to use Freesco as an answering machine. I've had nothing but headaches with mgetty+sendfax and vgetty!

I now have Freesco answering my phone calls but first I had to do a few things.

1. Install Tigers bash pkg
2. install Dingetjes utils pkg
3. copy some binaries from zipslack (echo, cp, find, kill, sort, touch)
4. edit 3 scripts ans, vrec, vplay
5. record the voice messages
6. start ans with "bash ans"

The only problem I have is that "bash date" won't work which is used to name the messages ("date".msg) so every message is named ".msg" and so it gets overwritten on the next call.

How can I make "date" work with bash?

I'm very, very determined to make an answering machine package for Freesco and would be greatful if someone could give some advice on this one.

Tom
tom
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Sat Sep 27, 2003 1:04 am

The problem with "date" is because in FREESCO this is a script that does not respond to swithces. Just edit the scripts to use /bin/date instead and they should work fine.
If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby tom » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:44 pm

hmm, everytime I try "bash date" it says "cannot execute binary file"

I tried finding the script for date but couldn't find it mentioned in /bin/utils

looks like bash says this when trying to execute any binary file. I think I'm getting pretty close, any ideas on this?

Tom

UPDATE

It turns out that the date file located at /bin/date is a binary but won't work with bash. I copied date from zipslack and chmod +x date and everything works perfect now.

My next step is to test the data and fax calls. For fax calls I need a fax program, does anyone have recomendations on what to go with? For data calls I plan to use the full mgetty binary from zipslack so no script is needed to dial in. Will Freesco's dial-in script work will the full binary mgetty? If so I'll just use that as a starting place.

One more question. How do I automatically respawn a process like the entry you would usually put in inittab?

Thank You everyone, this has been fun (not to mention educational) hope to have a full voice, data, fax package soon!

Tom
tom
Junior Advanced Member

Postby tom » Sun Sep 28, 2003 4:38 am

tom
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Lightning » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:34 pm

If you are afraid that you might make a mistake. The chances are high that you will never learn anything.
Lightning
FREESCO GOD !!

Postby tom » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:59 am

tom
Junior Advanced Member

Postby PHBC50 » Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:54 pm

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible. (Arthur C Clarke)
PHBC50
Junior Advanced Member

Postby Howler » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:05 pm

The first, the original and still the main FREESCOsoft site
The best place for FREESCO packages and related files.
Created and maintained by me (Howler), and mirrored by many (well, ok mirrored by some).
Howler
Advanced Member

Postby steve_v » Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:47 am

All I can say is WOW! you guys are awesome.

I did not expect so much intrest in this idea.
I got this working but a package would be brilliant.

Cheers.

Steve.

Feel free to move this thread wherever it belongs howler.

:-)
steve_v

Postby koni » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:37 pm

koni

Return to 3rd Party Package Requesting